Friday 28 August 2009

Coverups

What to wear on top?

Net-A-Porter have just listed this fab leather jacket by Day Birger Et Mikklesen. Okay it's cropped and won't keep your back warm but it's soft and crinkly and the perfect throw on cardigan/jacket. Its soft enough so you can push the sleeves up and you can layer it over dresses, tops. I would wear it with a pair of black skinnies or peg top trousers, a Rick Owens vest or long sleeved T. 

 Day Birger Cropped leather Jacket, £280

Talking of Rick Owens, if you live in London, my favourite dress agency Twice As Nice in Battersea has cut price, new with tags Rick Owens vest tops (£35) and ribbed long sleeved T shirts (£45), some of it from the current Crust collection.  Contact me for the telephone number if you're interested. 


But first I'll probably purchase this Black Sleeveless Tailored Blazer by Elizabeth & James. It's from Twice As Nice too. It's only £70 instead of the usual £258. I'll wear it smart with my black slim trousers and large billowing shirt. It'll also look great dressed down with a Rick Owens vest top.

 Elizabeth & James Sleeveless Blazer

I do love a military jacket and there are some cool ones around right now.  My favourite is this one by Twenty8Twelve, it's called the Turpin Military Jacket and is available from MyWardrobe.com for £265.  I love everything about it, the length, the colour, the detailing on the back. Would look great dressed up or down.


Coming a close second is this black jacket by Bird by Juicy Couture new line, slightly more expensive at £385. This would look good with  distressed jeans and ankle boots. Available from Net-A-Porter


No comments:

Post a Comment